Realtek high definition audio driver helps you get a top-notch audio experience on your computer. Hence, you can follow this guide to download, install, and update it on Windows 10/11.
Realtek hd high definition audio driver is among the well-known sound drivers for Windows computers. This driver helps audio devices function on your computer and manages your surround sound, DTS, and Dolby sound systems.
Moreover, the Realtek high definition audio device driver allows you to access the Realtek audio manager. It helps customize your PC’s sound by adjusting the volume, bass and tweaking the sound environment.
Furthermore, with the release of the updated Realtek high definition audio driver for Windows 7/10/11, it has become significantly easier to prevent problems like audio delay, popping or crackling sound, and poor audio quality.
Highly Recommended Way for Realtek Audio Drivers Free Download
For all those users who do not want to waste their valuable time updating device drivers manually, we recommend Bit Driver Updater. It is one of the most trusted and popular driver updating tools available online. With this software installed on your computer, you can get all the required drivers automatically with just a click of a button. Here is the download button for the software.
Hence, this article guides you through the best ways to download, install, and update the Realtek high definition (HD) audio driver. Let us not waste your precious time and get started with these methods right away.
How to Download, Install, and Update the Realtek High Definition Audio Driver
Below are the best methods you can follow to download the Windows 11/Windows 10/Windows 7, 64-bit/32-bit Realtek high definition audio device driver’s updated version and install it.
Method 1: Download the Realtek High Definition Audio Driver from the Official Website
The new and updated Realtek HD audio driver is available for download from Realtek’s official website. You can download and install it from there by following the steps below.
- Firstly, navigate to Realtek’s official website.
- Now, click the hamburger icon located in the leftmost corner at the top.
- Select Downloads to expand this category.
- Choose Computer Peripheral ICs from the available downloads.
- Select PC Audio Codecs from the Sub-category menu.
- Choose High Definition Audio Codecs from the Product Line sub-category menu.
- You can now select the Software link available next to your audio card. For instance, ALC888S-VD.
- Now, click the download icon to download the latest Realtek high definition sound driver package for your device (depending on your operating system).
- Double-click the downloaded executable file and follow the directions to install the Windows 7, Windows 11, and Windows 10 Realtek high definition audio device driver.
Also Read: Realtek WiFi Driver Download For Windows 11, 10, 8, 7 PC
Method 2: Use Device Manager to Update Realtek High Definition Audio Driver
Device Manager is an in-built utility in Windows computers, allowing you to download, install, and update drivers for all connected devices. Here is how to use it to download and install the updated Realtek high definition audio driver for Windows 11 and older versions.
- Firstly, right-click the taskbar’s Windows icon and choose Device Manager from the on-screen options.
- Click and expand Sound, video, and game controllers to view your Realtek HD device.
- Right-click your Realtek high definition audio device and select Update driver from the available menu.
- You can now choose the Search automatically for the updated driver software option.
- Lastly, you can restart your computer after performing the above steps to complete the Realtek high definition audio driver download and installation.
Also Read: Realtek Audio Console Download and Fix in Windows 10, 11
Method 3: Download & Update the Realtek High Definition Audio Driver Automatically (Recommended)
Manual methods to download, install, and update the Realtek high definition audio device driver are extremely time-consuming, tiring, and risky. If you mistakenly install an incorrect or incompatible driver, you may experience many issues like Realtek audio not working or system crashes.
Hence, we always recommend downloading and installing driver updates automatically through a dedicated program like Win Riser. The Win Riser software is an excellent driver update tool and PC optimizer.
It boasts many wonderful features like driver backup and restores, the creation of a system restore point, comprehensive and customizable scans, a driver ignore list, junk removal, and malware detection. You can experience Win Riser yourself through the following link.
After getting the software installed on your computer, you can use it to run a PC scan, review the results of the scan, and automatically Fix Issues Now.
Also Read: How to Fix Realtek Audio Console Cannot Connect to RPC Service
Realtek High Definition Audio Driver Downloaded and Installed
This article discussed the top three methods to download the updated driver for Realtek high definition audio device and install it. You can apply any method from the above guide to get the driver. However, the best and safest approach is to download and update the drivers automatically via Win Riser.
However, if you have any other better way to get the Realtek high definition (HD) audio driver or have any questions about this guide, please let us know through the comments section below.