If the Windows 10 Start Menu is not working on your device as well, then you need to take the help of the simple solutions provided in this article and get rid of all the errors with ease.
Since its first release in 2015, Windows 10 has undergone significant development. Each upgrade adds a significant number of new capabilities, and Microsoft has collaborated with the open-source community in a manner that was previously unthinkable.
When you click the Start Menu button, the open Start Menu can sometimes become unresponsive and frozen, and other times it will fail to appear at all despite your attempts. There are flaws, as there always are with every operating system. People who are using Windows 10 have reported that they have encountered a number of flaws, the most prevalent of which is that the Windows 10 Start Menu is not working.
When you switch on your computer, restart your computer, or operate on your computer, you are required to do a number of fundamental duties. These actions include clicking on the start button, opening My PC, opening new Windows, changing the tabs, refreshing the system, and a great deal more. Therefore, a disturbance in the flow of work may occur if the Start Menu not opening in Windows 10 properly. In this post, we will go over several simple remedies as well as some not-so-quick fixes that you may use if you are experiencing a particular problem with the Start Menu in Windows 10.
Methods to Fix the Windows 10 Start Menu Not Working Error
In the coming sections of this article, we will have a look at some of the best methods to fix the Windows 10 Start Menu not opening/not working. Follow the solutions chronologically until the issue is fixed.
Method 1: Performing a System and Windows Explorer Restart
When you use a computer with Windows 10 for an extended period of time, you may encounter a number of issues, one of which is that Windows Explorer may become unstable. Hence, you should try restarting the system. As this is also the program that delivers the Start menu, restarting it may fix Windows 10 Start Menu not working.
- Simply opening the Task Manager with the shortcut of Ctrl + Shift + Esc will allow you to restart Windows Explorer.
- To order applications and processes according to their names, use the Name option. After there, under the Windows Processes heading, scroll down until you reach Windows Explorer.
- Simply right-click the Windows Explorer icon, and then pick the End task option. This will help you with the Start Menu not opening in Windows 10 error.
You will notice that your desktop will flicker many times, and there is a possibility that the taskbar could vanish entirely. Please give the machine a few seconds so that it can restart the Windows Explorer process automatically. After you have finished this, go to the Start menu in Windows 10 and check to see whether the Windows 10 Start Menu not opening problems you were experiencing are now fixed.
Also Read: How to Fix File Explorer Not Responding Windows 10, 11
Method 2: Sign Out and Sign In
The Windows 10 Start Menu not working error or the disappeared entirely error appears if there is an issue with your user account. In this particular scenario, you may attempt to correct the issue by signing out of your user account and then signing back into it.
Note: Please be aware that logging out of your account will result in the termination of any open documents and programs on your device. Always remember to save your work before you log out of your account to fix the Win 10 Start Menu not working error.
- While doing so, press the Ctrl, Alt, and Delete keys simultaneously. To log out, use the “Sign out” button.
- Please hold on for a little while longer. After that, you will find yourself back at the login page.
- In order to re-enter your account, you will need to type in your password.
We discussed doing a complete Restart to fix the Windows 10 Start Menu not responding error due to the fact that many of us do not restart our computers very often. When you restart the system, everything will be closed out, including the RAM and the cache, among other things. To ensure that your system is always operating at its very best, it is important to execute this task on a regular basis. Check to see whether the start menu is functioning correctly. If it doesn’t work, try one of the other options below.
Method 3: Utilize the SFC and DISM Scan Options
Let’s have a look at the next fix for the Start Menu not opening in Windows 10 error. Users of Windows have access to a tool called System Scan, which enables them to detect and correct a variety of issues that may be present in the operating system. In a similar vein, one of the most typical reasons why the Start menu is acting erratically is because of faulty or damaged system files. You can do a lot of good for your Windows 10 system by conducting a scan of the system files and then fixing Win 10 Start Menu not working, and each and every one of those system files. SFC scan and DISM scan are both available to assist you with the Windows 10 Start Menu not working situation. In order to do a system scan and discover faults in the system, follow the procedures that are listed below to fix Windows 10 startup menu not working:
- On the keyboard, press the Windows key and the letter R to launch the Run window. After clicking OK, please type “cmd” in the box.
- Enter sfc /scannow before pressing the Enter key.
- When the results of the scan are shown, be sure to follow any applicable instructions and proceed to the next possible solution if everything checks out OK.
- After typing the instructions below and pressing Enter each time, please wait for the same amount of time.
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- To correct the problems, follow the directions that appear on the screen.
If the above methods fail to bring up the menu or fix the Windows 10 Start Menu not opening error, follow the next fix.
Also Read: How to Defrag A Computer Hard Drive in Windows 11, 10, 8, 7
Method 4: Update the Driver to Fix the Windows 10 Start Menu Not Working
The Windows 10 Start Menu not working may be solved by updating the drivers. Outdated drivers disrupt the flow of communication between the system and the various devices. As a result, the best method to prevent problems of this kind from occurring is to ensure that your drivers are constantly up to current.
You may do the same thing with the assistance of the Bit Driver Updater and fix the Windows 10 Start Menu not responding error. This is one of the greatest programs available that gives you the ability to update any and all drivers while you are on the road. You may increase the overall performance of the system with just one click while simultaneously repairing any and all driver-related issues. In addition to this, you are able to make use of the other capabilities that are available on the tools. Among them are the following:
- Instantaneous revisions to the drivers
- Make sure you schedule the necessary upgrades.
- You should make a backup and then restore all of the drivers.
- User interfaces that support several languages
- Ignore any available driver updates.
- Execution with a single click
If you download the program and make use of it, you will have access to all of the additional capabilities that it offers. For the time being, try using the following approach to fix issues related to the Windows 10 Start Menu not working:
- Use the button down below to get the latest version of the Bit Driver Updater.
- Install the application, then launch it while using the Windows operating system.
- You have the option of pressing the Scan Drivers button to manually start the process, but the program will automatically begin scanning your system.
- After the installer has identified all of the out-of-date drivers that are present on the system, click the Update All option to continue with the process.
- At the conclusion of the procedure, you will need to restart your computer in order to continue.
Done, you will not face the Windows 10 Start Menu not opening error now.
Also Read: Best Free Windows Start Menu Replacements and Alternatives
Summing Up: Windows 10 Start Menu Not Working
So, this is how you can easily fix the Start Menu not opening in Windows 10 error. Once you undergo all the solutions, you will not face any problems related to the Start menu. The menu will appear on your device properly when you press the Windows button on the keyboard or click the Windows logo on the taskbar.
If you have any questions or concerns related to the Windows 10 Start Menu not working error, feel free to contact us using the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.