You can read this article to learn the top free software for editing PDFs on a PC without spending anything to make quick edits, split, merge, annotate, convert, and share your PDFs effortlessly.
PDF or Portable Document Files is a versatile file format created by Adobe. It helps you easily and reliably exchange documents irrespective of the software, operating system, or hardware used by the parties involved. Moreover, these documents are not effortlessly editable like other formats, making them secure.
However, sometimes it becomes indispensable to edit PDF documents. For example, you may need to change the images in a document, put your signature, fill out a form, or incorporate your own graphics. Though PDFs are not easily editable, the best free PDF editors make PDF editing a simple task.
The best PDF editors allow you to design and create PDF documents how you want. Though the freeware may not offer all the advanced features available in a paid program, they suffice for most of your PDF editing needs without digging a hole in your pocket.
Hence, this article presents a thoroughly researched list of the best software to edit PDFs for free on Windows. Let us move to the said list without wasting your extremely precious time.
Best Free PDF Editing Software for Windows 10, 11 (PDF Editor)
Here are some carefully selected free PDF editor software you can download on Windows 10 and 11.
1. Sejda – Best PDF Editor (Online & Offline)
Let us introduce you to Sejda. It is among the best PDF editors for Windows due to its unmatched data security. Features like automatic deletion of uploaded files within 2 hours of uploading them make it one of the most secure tools for editing sensitive PDF documents.
Moreover, it is a highly popular choice among users due to its availability of both online and desktop editions, self-explanatory and easy-to-navigate interface, and the following incredible features.
Key features of Sejda
- Integration with cloud storage services like OneDrive, GoogleDrive, and DropBox
- The desktop version handles all processing locally, hence, no file goes out of the computer
- Lets you add text, drawings, shapes, and images to the document
- Supports form creation, addition of annotations, and whiting out document sections
Also Read: Best Free PDF Drive Alternative
Here comes PDFescape. It is yet another free PDF editor for Windows well-known for its easy-to-understand and used web-based tools to annotate PDF documents. Moreover, it boasts high customizability so that you can personalize the document’s size, font, alignment, color, and effects (like bold, italics, and underlining) to suit your requirements.
In addition to it, features like an option to delete/rotate/crop/reorganize pages and the following contribute to making PDFescape one of the best free software to edit PDFs on PC.
Key features of PDFescape
- Allows you to add text, images, form fields, links, etc., to the document
- You can add sticky notes, draw on the PDF, insert shapes, add comments, strikethrough text, or whiten anything you wish to hide
- Lets you upload your own PDF files, paste the URL to online PDFs, or create PDFs from the beginning
- The online PDF editor lets you download PDFs to your PC without creating an account
3. Adobe PDF Editor
No list of the best Windows PDF editors can be complete without Adobe PDF Editor. It is a simple 4-step PDF editor from none other than Adobe, the creators of PDF. The free Adobe PDF Editor is an apt choice for all those who want to edit PDF documents fast and are looking for the following features.
Key features of Adobe PDF Editor
- Allows addition of text, sticky notes, highlights, and drawings
- You can strikethrough, underline content, or add text boxes with your comments
- The drawing tool allows you to freehand draw anything ranging from arrows to circles
- Supports easy file sharing and reviewing
- Works with all major browsers, such as Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Firefox, or Safari
Also Read: Best Free PDF Printer Software
4. Foxit PDF Editor
Foxit is yet another good PDF editor for Windows. You can download a free trial of this software to create, edit, and sign PDFs anywhere. It is a popular choice among users for effortless header/footer addition, PDF document export, easy collaboration with teammates, and the following wonderful features.
Key features of Foxit PDF Editor
- Allows you to reflow text, change document layout, modify text size/font, change the line spacing, or add multimedia elements effortlessly
- Lets you export PDF content to all popular Word, PowerPoint, RTF, Excel, text, HTML, and image formats
- Supports easy creation of PDF, PDF/X, PDF/A, and PDF/E from any web pages or file formats
- You can merge and split documents, drag and drop pages, add stamps, headers, footers, watermarks, and more
- Supports document sanitization, digital PDF signing, and password encryption of documents
- Lets you scan and convert paper documents into PDF
5. PDF24 Creator
Next, we would like to talk about PDF24 Creator. It is a completely free PDF editor software you can download for Windows 10 PCs. As far as features are concerned, PDF24 Creator is a renowned name for its easy usage, resource-friendly functionality on weak computers, PDF merging, PDF compression, extraction of specific pages into a new document (or splitting a document into parts), and the following exciting features.
Key features of PDF24 Creator
- Boasts OCR (Optical Character Recognition) capabilities
- Allows you to compare different PDFs based on their context
- Offers numerous editing options, such as insertion of forms, text, images, or free drawing
- You can add an overlay and page numbers to your documents
Also Read: Best Free PDF To JPG Converter In 2023 To Use Online
6. Icecream PDF Editor
Next, we have Icecream PDF Editor on our list of the best PDF editors you can download for free on Windows 10 PCs. This intuitive software offers a variety of features, like easy combining of PDF pages, password protection for PDF files, OCR capabilities, and the following remarkable features.
Key features of Icecream PDF Editor
- Allows you to annotate PDFs effortlessly
- You can rotate, move, and resize objects
- Availability of in-built PDF document forms
- Lets you add notes to PDF documents
- Allows you to search through the PDF before making any changes
- Lets you export edited PDFs in PNG, JPG, RTF, or TIFF formats
- You can add highlights, strikethrough, comments, notes, and more
iLovePDF is free and one of the best PDF editors for Windows. It is a simple tool to edit PDFs, allowing you to add text, shapes, comments, and highlights. Moreover, you can use this software to perform actions like splitting, merging, converting, compressing, and adding a watermark to your PDF files.
Furthermore, the following are some other interesting features of this software, adding to the reasons it is among the top freeware PDF editors for Windows.
Key features of iLovePDF
- Allows PDF size reduction to improve the quality of your PDF file
- Lets you convert JPG to PDF or PDF to JPG effortlessly
- You can add page numbers to the PDF document
- Allows you to add or delete pages according to your requirements
- Lets you export PDFs in Excel, PowerPoint, Word, JPG, or PDF formats
Also Read: Best PDF Search Engine Sites to Get Free PDF eBooks
8. Adobe Acrobat PDF Editor
Though not a completely free PDF editor, Adobe Acrobat PDF Editor deserves a spot on this list for its impeccable features. This software offers a 7-day free trial and wonderful features, such as an easy-to-use option to resize/flip/crop/replace images, add text, fix typos, make comments, annotate PDFs, compress a PDF file, and the following useful features.
Key features of Adobe Acrobat PDF Editor
- Allows you to highlight/underline text and add freehand drawings/markings
- OCR capabilities to help you extract and edit files
- You can effortlessly split or merge PDF files
9. Nitro Pro
Here comes Nitro Pro. It is yet another good PDF editor freeware for Windows 10 and 11 to convert, design, create, and edit PDF files. Moreover, you can share and sign documents on the move using Nitro Cloud. Furthermore, interesting features like protecting PDFs with encryption and intuitive user permissions and the following make it a desirable choice for editing PDFs.
Key features of Nitro Pro
- PDF creation on any program and device
- Allows effortless text and image addition, deletion, and alteration
- Lets you convert PDFs into PowerPoint, Excel, or Word
- You can merge PDF files into a single file
- Allows you to easily build and fill forms
Also Read: Best Free PDF Split and Merge Software
10. Canva PDF Editor
Canva is a free online PDF editor with excellent PDF conversion and customization capabilities. With this software, you can correct typos, change, edit, add, or delete text/images, and make the most of your PDFs through the following amazing features.
Key features of Canva PDF Editor
- You can draw lines, shapes, and signatures effortlessly
- Allows you to merge PDF files
- Boasts drag-and-drop tools to add, rotate, delete, and reorder pages
- Lets you split, insert, and extract PDF pages easily
Concluding the Best Free PDF Editors
This article listed the best PDF editors for Windows 10 and 11 you can use for free. You can choose from any of these tools to modify your PDF files according to your needs.
Also Read: Best Free PDF Editors For Mac
If you think we have missed out on any good freeware PDF editor for Windows 10/11 PC or have any questions about this article, you can always contact us through the comments section. We will be back soon with another helpful post. Until then, you can go through our other posts to increase your tech knowledge.